Monday, November 24, 2008

crescent beach

i was a bit reluctant to head to port angeles this weekend as i was sleep deprived for the past few weeks. my life has been crazy with work, a wedding in mexico, more work, a 'green' weekend in portland and then taking part of the rat city roller girl's makin' bacon boot camp. i so want a vacation!!!!

the RRR soccer gang organized it's annual kayaking/camp trip and this year they decided to head out to crescent beach and paddle through fives miles of the coastline to freshwater bay. though the boys were eggin' me on and telling me about the 11' swells every eight seconds, i was pleased to say that the approach looked nice and calm on sat morning. duncan was insanely crazy as usual and brought his campfire rotisserie and we cooked a duck and some mackerel on the grill. yummy!

here's a shot that babler took of me cupping the rainbow from canada before i flipped the kayak and scrapped my hand. bonehead move.


No comments: